The Shrewsbury Train Depot was built in 1886 to service the new trend of land owners buying property outside the St. Louis city limits. Over 50 trains daily made the 20-minute, 7.9 mile trip to and from Union Station. The fare was 6-cents each way.
The depot was 30-feet wide by 20 feet deep and was located on the west side of Gratiot (now Shrewsbury Ave.) just north of the railroad tracks. It had 10-foot ceilings and pine hardwood flooring. The depot had an open floor plan and did not have a formal ticket desk as it was only used as a commuter stop for residents.
We are still researching the year it was demolished.